Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Blog Post 5: Ghost In The Shell Review:


Well in last class we watched a movie that I found to be very interesting and at the end I had many questions that maybe the ones that view this could answer. The movie is titled “The Ghost In The Shell.”  I don’t do this often but for this blog I am going to review this film and have questions to pose for the readers at the end.
For a brief summery of the movie, it takes place in a futuristic city that has some hints of Asian flare in it. The characters in the movie are able to take their ghost and move it through the web. The movie is about a detective that is trying this cyber terrorist known as the Puppet Master. She is combing the city over looking for this terrorist, and the terrorist ends up finding that the terrorist is in the station for a short time before being abducted. She continues her pursuit of this person until ultimately she becomes part of them.
I found this movie to be very interesting because of how futuristic the movie was due to the fact that I did not see too far off based on the amount of developments that are being made every day. Also throughout the movie I got this sense that the main character was trying to get a better sense of her existence. There was the major question that she seemed to wrestle with which was what was her purpose.
Also the design of the anime was really interesting. There was so much more detail to the characters than there is to any other form of animation that we have seen in class. This in my opinion gives the characters more of a real humanistic trait and makes them seem more real than that of the other animations that we have watched.
As for the questions that I have, I want to know what happens after the credits come on. Does she continue to be a cop or does she take what in I got out of it as herself reborn into a new person and goes to find a new way of life. These are just a few of the questions that were left with me when the movie ended.
Overall I really enjoyed the movie. I could relate to the main character easily, (which is something I often like to do.) As for the rest of it, to me there was just enough balance to the action and downtime ratio. The one question that I have is what does everyone think that she did after the credits rolled?

1 comment:

  1. hey this seems an interesting blog post. I really liked the futuristic animation of the show as well. Just like most of the audience I too thought that the ending was slightly different and had an interesting approach. But I think the ending is what that makes this animated movie so unique and different from other mainstream shows.

    ReplyDelete