Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Blog Post 2: Determination


“Well, back to the old drawing board.” This is a very famous saying from a martian that we all know. That martian is Marvin Martian. He is most known for his endless pursuit of Bugs Bunny as well as other characters in the “Loony Toons” franchise. The martian often utters this phrase from time to time whenever he finds himself on the opposite side of his grand scheme plan to catch the other character whoever it may be. What is interesting to me about this character is the amount of determination that Marvin has throughout his endless pursuit of the character that he is chasing.
            In my opinion I believe that the children that watched this could bring something very useful away from this character, which is to be more determined in whatever it may be that they are doing. I think that Marvin reminds me of Thomas Edison in a way due to the fact that he always was trying to figure out how create the light bulb. Edison stated that “I have not failed, I have just found 10,000 ways that wont work. This is a similar personality to that of Marvin because he is constantly and wittingly looking for a way to catch the one who evades him. With that being said I think that since Marvin never really gives up and is always willing to go back to square one and figure out a new plan, many people can take away the sense that if one plan dose not work than go back and make a new one. There is nothing wrong with being wrong. You can always “Go back to the old drawing board.” 

1 comment:

  1. I never thought of Marvin Martian determination as an admirable trait until I read your post. As a child I saw him as just one of the scarier Loony Tunes villains because of his obsession with destroying Earth or chasing after Bugs Bunny. Though now that I think back—and ignoring his ultimate goal—no matter what horrible humiliating failure he endured he would just get up and be just as determined to try again using a different method. I also think that Wile E. Coyote shares Marvin’s determination. Both keep coming up with new and creative ideas to try and complete their goal no matter how many times they explode or get squashed. I guess instead taking the message away of always pursue your goals no matter what from watching Marvin Martian I took away the same message from watching Wile E. Coyote.

    ReplyDelete