Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Blog Post 11: Appreciation for Animation:




          

         Well I have to say that following the project that was assigned to the class on creating an animation I have developed a greater appreciation for animators and their jobs. I mean even to create a thirty second animation, give it story, give it sound, and make sure it all flows well it did not seem like much to me, but I could not believe how much time was involved in each scene that I created. I constantly found myself tweaking my animation here and there making sure that it was the best that I could make. (Yes I may be somewhat of a perfectionist.)  But I guess animators need to be perfectionists with their own work in order for them to sell their work.  The program that I used had everything that I needed in order to create my animation. The site that I used was “GoAnimate.com.”  This site had everything that a beginner needs to have in order to create an animation. There was a downside to it though. The downside was that I was only allowed as a free user to create a thirty-second video. But there was an upside to it. The upside was that it really tested me as a beginner to cut down timeframes on different scenes in order to create a good animation. Also there was a great tool that enabled me to have a good conversation between the two characters. I was able to use this to do a scene-by-scene conversation, which in my opinion turned out great. I know what I created is very small-scale in the big scheme of things but I was amazed as to what my finished project looked. There may be a few chops in my video, which is to be expected. But I was happy nonetheless. If anyone that has kids that need to do a project or just want to be creative, this is a site that has everything that they would need and has a very simple tutorial to teach you everything you need to know. I highly recommend it. Also by the way I am posting a link to my video following this. you may have to watch it more than once to see the text but like I stated earlier It was very difficult to work with thirty seconds. Hope you like it.

1 comment:

  1. Action, dialogue, and a cliffhanging ending that allows for a sequel! Well done. I like how you made it with a bit of anime influence. You are more adventurous than I, sir. I think I may take my story board and see if I can make the actual animation from this site. Thank you for the animation and the information. Well done. Are you a fan of anime or are you simply appealing the standard demographic of the class? Either way, it works on every level . I will have try now for myself.

    ReplyDelete